Visiting restaurants is always fun, coz it’s with our loved ones. I do have this curiosity about whatever I eat. I am like this dish has these spices or that…. all in my mind. While my family is enjoying their food I am guessing or sometimes I go and ask the staff.
Ok…this is not about me but the story behind the making of this pickled onion. I was so fascinated by the colour n taste. Decided in my mind that I am going to make this….but it took a bit long. Never mind
Making this pickled onion is so very easy. One needs shallots/onions which are preserved in vinegar and stored in the refrigerator.
Why buy it from the store when you can make it without preservatives. Give your family the best, no more packed food.
Can be used for 10 days if kept in the refrigerator.
So! which onions can be used?
The best I would suggest is the small onion, which tastes a bit different. Not the white ones they are too sweet.
Which jar to use?
The glass jar is the best to pickle any food. Even if you have food grade plastic jar don’t use it. Glass is best.
How do you get that pink colour?
Oh…yes… you guessed it right it’s the beetroot, which gives the colour 😉
How many days does this last?
No worries this will last for 10 days if stored in the refrigerator.
Let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #pickled #pickledonion
Pickled Red onion
- 4 to 5 small red onion
- 4 to 5 black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 to 4 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon beetroot chopped
- First, give a small slit to the onions
- Take a glass jar to add the onions, green chilli, black pepper, beetroot, salt, sugar and vinegar
- Mix it well with a spoon.
- Close the lid and keep it untouched for 12 to 15 hours.
- Then refrigerate it and enjoy it with your naan, kulcha or piping hot rice.
- So next time definitely try this recipe