The year 2023 is declared as International Millet year by the UN to showcase the world India is the hub for millets. Taking this opportunity to make a healthy roti recipe with bajra.
Bajra is highly nutrient and full of fiber. Different recipes of bajra are available on the net, let’s get this simple roti recipe .
What is different in my recipe?
So let me tell you with so many ways of making bajra roti the one iam cooking today is not gluten free though bajra is gluten free but I have added wheat flour to it so that making them is easier.
This recipe is also called Dhebra in gujarati. The vegetables added here are a bit different, you can experiment with these as well.
So let’s get started with this recipe
Bajra ki roti
- 2 cups bajra/Pearl millet
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 cup fenugreek leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup soya leaves chopped
- 1 cup palak/ spinach leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon haldi/turmeric powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 to 4 green chilli chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 to 5 tablespoon ghee
- Wash, then Chop the veggies
- Take large mixing bowl add wheat flour,bajra flour,
- Add salt, red chilli powder, haldi powder, ghee,ginger,green chilli and the leafy vegetable. Mix this well
- Now, pour curd mix this well
- Add water and knead a dough
- Let it rest for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes start rolling them into rotis
- Heat a tawa and cook on both the sides by applying ghee, bajra roti is ready.
- Enjoy them with pickle or curd.
Leave a Reply