We usually keep making the onion-tomato version of vermicelli,today just wanted something chinese and grabed this vermicelli and cooked in my style.with only few veggies available in the pantry,instead of heading and shopping I prefered of cooking with whatever is there.Chinese cuisine is one such dish which is loved by all and you don’t have to request them to finish this off.
Try this different style vermicelli for your kids lunch box or as a evening snack,you won’t be disappointed.
Vermicelli is often stored at every Indian household for making of seviya,either we cook sweet or salty,this time let’s cook chinese.
- 2 cups vermicelli cook as per given in packet
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon schezwan chutney
- 2 tablespoon boiled sweet corn(optional)
- 2 green chillies chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- oil for cooking
- First cook vermicelli as per the instructions given on the packet
- Heat oil in a kadhai on medium flame
- Add in ginger-garlic paste,saute till raw smell has gone
- Add in green chillies, onions and saute till soft
- Add in veggies(whichever you are using) cabbage, capsicum and boiled corn
- Saute for few seconds
- Next add in the given sauces with salt
- Mix well
- Add sugar
- Add cooked vermicelli
- Toss it well
- Garnish with chopped capsicum and corn
- Serve hot
- Chinese vermicelli is ready to be served
- Hope you liked my version of vermicelli
- Until then keep exploring…..
While adding salt remember,the sauce does have a little amount of salt already.
Leave a Reply